ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Martin" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Build failed on Linux file:/usr/local/ant/build.xml:773: chmod returned: -
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:16:33 GMT
Noah:
login as SuperUser and retry the chmod task
-Martin
----- Original Message -----
From: "Noah Spurrier" <noah@noah.org>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2003 5:28 PM
Subject: Build failed on Linux file:/usr/local/ant/build.xml:773: chmod
returned: -


> When I try to build Ant 1.5.1 on Linux with Java version 1.4.1_01
> I get this message:
>
> BUILD FAILED
> file:/usr/local/ant/build.xml:773: chmod returned: -1
>
> The build seems to mostly finish, so I tried running ant.
> It will run, but I'm not sure if it's fully functional.
> Does the ant distribution have anything like "make test"
> to see if the installation is good?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Yours,
> Noah
>
> Here is the full output that I get:
>
> [root@gw ant]# ./build.sh -Ddist.dir=/usr/local/ant dist
> ... Bootstrapping Ant Distribution
> ... Compiling Ant Classes
> Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
> Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
> ... Copying Required Files
> ... Building Ant Distribution
> Buildfile: build.xml
>
> bootstrap:
>
> prepare:
>
> check_for_optional_packages:
>
> build:
> Created dir: /usr/local/ant/build/lib
> Compiling 163 source files to /usr/local/ant/build/classes
> Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
> Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
> Copying 1 file to /usr/local/ant/build/classes
> Copying 2 files to /usr/local/ant/build/classes
> Copying 2 files to
/usr/local/ant/build/classes/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/xs
l
>
> jars:
> Copying 4 files to /usr/local/ant/build
> Building jar: /usr/local/ant/build/lib/ant.jar
> Building jar: /usr/local/ant/build/lib/optional.jar
>
> dist-lite:
> Created dir: /usr/local/ant/bootstrap
> Created dir: /usr/local/ant/bootstrap/bin
> Created dir: /usr/local/ant/bootstrap/lib
> Copying 2 files to /usr/local/ant/bootstrap/lib
> Copying 9 files to /usr/local/ant/bootstrap/bin
>
> BUILD SUCCESSFUL
> Total time: 37 seconds
> ... Cleaning Up Build Directories
> ... Done Bootstrapping Ant Distribution
> Buildfile: build.xml
>
> dist:
>
> prepare:
>
> check_for_optional_packages:
>
> build:
> Created dir: /usr/local/ant/build/classes
> Compiling 442 source files to /usr/local/ant/build/classes
> Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
> Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
> Copying 3 files to /usr/local/ant/build/classes
> Copying 2 files to /usr/local/ant/build/classes
> Copying 2 files to
/usr/local/ant/build/classes/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/xs
l
>
> jars:
> Building jar: /usr/local/ant/build/lib/ant.jar
> Building jar: /usr/local/ant/build/lib/optional.jar
>
> dist-lite:
> Created dir: /usr/local/ant/bin
> Copying 2 files to /usr/local/ant/lib
> Copying 9 files to /usr/local/ant/bin
>
> BUILD FAILED
> file:/usr/local/ant/build.xml:773: chmod returned: -1
>
> Total time: 50 seconds
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>

Mime
View raw message