ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sascha Freitag" <frei...@objtec.com>
Subject RE: Missing & misleading documentation, help needed on advanced Jar functionality
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:37:06 GMT
Hi,

What prevent you from adding the activation.jar to the classpath of you own
jar,
and distribute both jar's?
I am using a jar that only includes a mainfest file
with a Class-Path and a Main-Class entry to start an amdministration gui.

I build the jar like this:
        <jar destfile="${component.tmp.dir}/${component.jar.name}">
            <manifest>
                <attribute name="Class-Path" value="lib/activation.jar
lib/log4j.jar lib/mycomp1.jar lib/mycomp2.jar " />
                <attribute name="Main-Class"
value="org.any.project.admin.GuiMainClass" />
            </manifest>
        </jar>

So I have only to make sure that there is a lib folder which contains all
the nessecary jar's.
For that I have a ant deployment target. That could also be a zip file which
could be unpacked
somewhere. After unpacking, the user could double click your jar to start
the app.

Regards Sascha