ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Porter <martin.por...@liberica.com>
Subject RE: Strange javac behaviour
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:03:31 GMT

Keith,

I missed off a classpath and you are right it was compiling all the included
classes.
Thanks for your help. Much appreciated !.

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Hatton [mailto:khatton@axiomsystems.com]
Sent: 13 February 2003 15:55
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Strange javac behaviour

1. What does javac do from the command line, in the same circumstances?
2. The "obvious" thing is that one or more classes in your ejb package
reference classes in the other packages, which reference other classes ...
which ends up with 155 classes being compiled.

Running ant with -debug or javac with -verbose might give you more
information as to what is happening and why. (On the other hand, it may give
you so much data that you can't see the wood for the trees).

Keith