ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <dmctav...@SANDVINE.com>
Subject RE: Switch between environments
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:48:56 GMT
We write "drivers" that we can modify at runtime through a .properties file,
which allows us to proxy a test driver in place of the ldap or database
driver. Makes testing easier, as we can test individual components of the
system as we please. By making the design of the product "component" based,
we can easily plug new methodology in for situations like testing, by simply
modifying a text file at test time.

d.

-----Original Message-----
From: White, Joshua A (CASD, IT) [mailto:Joshua.White@thehartford.com]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 3:39 PM
To: 'user@ant.apache.org'
Subject: Switch between environments

Hello All,

When performing a build, is there any "best practice" ways of switching
between environments (Meaning changing your environmental information from
development to test or test to production).

For example, I have an application that connects to an ldap directory and a
database.  What is the easiest way for me to switch out this application
configuration information at build time so that my app will be deployed with
the correct information?

Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all
copies.