ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <dmctav...@SANDVINE.com>
Subject RE: echo true or false
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 21:15:58 GMT
<condition property="my.property>
	... whatever tests
</condition>
<property name="my.property" value="false"/>
<echo .../>

If you set the property AGAIN, after the condition, it won't reset the
property if it was previously set to "true", BUT, it will set it if it is
still null.

d.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Cohen [mailto:SCohen@sportvision.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 4:09 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: echo true or false

The <available>, <condition>, etc. set of tasks all work by setting a
property if a condition is met.  My problem is that I would like to echo
the results of this test.
<condition property="my.property>
	... whatever tests
</condition>
<echo message="my.property=${my.property}"/>

If the property is set,
"true" will be echoed.  If it hasn't been set, "${my.property}" will be
echoed.

Pretty ugly.  I would like "false" to be echoed.

I would like the ability to set a property true or false depending on
the results of a conditional test.

What is the easiest way to accomplish what I am after?

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Sportvision Inc.
scohen@sportvision.com
http://www.sportvision.com

Please note: As a result of the merger of
Ignite Sports and Sportvision, my email address
has changed to scohen@sportvision.com