ant-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject RE: Removing whitespace in the code
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:14:35 GMT
Something like that can help:

perl -e "local($/)=undef; $_=<>; s/\s{2,}/ /sg; print $_" <src_file.html
>dst_file.html

- Alexey.

--
{ http://trelony.cjb.net/   } Alexey N. Solofnenko
Pleasant Hill, CA (GMT-8 usually)

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Christiansen [mailto:Nathan_Christiansen@tni.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 1:09 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Removing whitespace in the code

We had the same problem.

Since we were running an Apache web server, we decided to use mod_gzip
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/mod-gzip/> as well as whitespace reduction,
and use of browser cacheable external files. The use of mod_gzip cut our
slow connection, long distance, large HTML file (100K+) download time in
half.

However if there is a custom task out there that removes extra whitespace
from JSP/HTML files, I would sure be interested.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to write one.

-- Nathan Christiansen
   Tahitian Noni International
   http://www.tahitiannoni.com