ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Francis" <scott.fran...@newisys.com>
Subject RE: war task question
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 22:45:34 GMT
I would recommend looking at the documentation for Ant under the war task...they have an example
that is very similar to your question.  I've cut-n-pasted it for ease of finding it.

Examples
Assume the following structure in the project's base directory:

thirdparty/libs/jdbc1.jar
thirdparty/libs/jdbc2.jar
build/main/com/myco/myapp/Servlet.class
src/metadata/myapp.xml
src/html/myapp/index.html
src/jsp/myapp/front.jsp
src/graphics/images/gifs/small/logo.gif
src/graphics/images/gifs/large/logo.gif

then the war file myapp.war created with
<war destfile="myapp.war" webxml="src/metadata/myapp.xml">
  <fileset dir="src/html/myapp"/>
  <fileset dir="src/jsp/myapp"/>
  <lib dir="thirdparty/libs">
    <exclude name="jdbc1.jar"/>
  </lib>
  <classes dir="build/main"/>
  <zipfileset dir="src/graphics/images/gifs"
              prefix="images"/>
</war>

will consist of
WEB-INF/web.xml
WEB-INF/lib/jdbc2.jar
WEB-INF/classes/com/myco/myapp/Servlet.class
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
index.html
front.jsp
images/small/logo.gif
images/large/logo.gif

using Ant's default manifest file. The content of WEB-INF/web.xml is identical to src/metadata/myapp.xml