ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: ANT: KJS#00003 Appendix_E (BookMarks) (20030212)
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:41:22 GMT
By all means feel free to enhance that Appendix E document.  Keep in
mind, though, that the same process that generated Appendix E is now
being actively worked on to generate descriptors and documentation for
each task in Ant.  It is now being run as part of the Gump nightly
builds:

	http://nagoya.apache.org/gump/javadoc/ant/proposal/xdocs/build/docs/
manual/index.html

While this index page is ugly (it was a quick hack to make a
categorized index of the XML files generated), the task documentation
under that index is more attractive.  This is being generated in this
fashion:

	Ant's source code -> XDoclet -> XML files -> HTML

So we could add a PDF generation of this documentation.  As anyone a
FOP wiz?  It would be very sweet to add PDF generation to the mix, as
well (of course) enhance the HTML presentation of this.

Once you are satisfied with your Appendix E enhancements, please attach
it to a Bugzilla enhancement request rather than e-mailing it to the
list or to me.

	Erik

p.s. What things are you finding mentioned that do not appear in that
document?  Remember that Appendix E was meant solely as a quick task
reference, not to be exhaustive task documentation, which we
*intentionally* left up to Ant's own builtin documentation.