ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <>
Subject RE: <property refid=> question
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:34:11 GMT
I'm not sure I'm following you.  What does "look it up internally" mean?

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher []
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 11:26 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: <property refid=> question

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 12:16  PM, Steve Cohen wrote:
> So is there really no way to write a generic task that does something
> with a fileset if it is defined but nothing if it is not?  Or can I
> get around this by introducing a "default" empty definition of the
> reference?  Do references work like properties - first one to define
> it keeps it?  Or are they handled differently?

You could always write your task to take a String argument that
represents the refid, and then look it up internally and deal with its
potential non-existence yourself.

I'm not sure, without digging a bit, whether using a Reference type or
not would do the trick, but it might.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message