ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <>
Subject Printing a path
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 19:06:53 GMT
On page 80 of Erik Hatcher & Steve Loughran's "Java Development with
Ant" is given a technique for "Obtaining a string representation of a

Following this technique, using a version of ant built a few months ago
(>1.5.1), I find this technique not to work.

        <property name="global.class.path" refid="globallibs"/>
        <echo message="global.class.path=${global.class.path}"/>

produces this output:

Not exactly what I was looking for.  I should mention that this path is
created in a different buildfile, and passed to the one containing this
code via the inheritrefs mechanism.

Has anyone previously encountered this?  Is it a known bug?

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Sportvision Inc.

Please note: As a result of the merger of
Ignite Sports and Sportvision, my email address
has changed to