ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: javac out of memory error
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:52:57 GMT
See the maxmemory attribute of <javac>. Note that you must set fork="true"
as well, which is often a good idea anyway, especially for big compiles with
pre-1.4.1 JDK (Javac leaks memory quite a bit, and forking forces to release
of it after the compile). --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Barkan [mailto:dbarkan@pcbi.upenn.edu]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 10:44 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: javac out of memory error

Hi,

I'm running ant 1.5 on Linux.  I'm compiling a large number of java source
files (1200 or so at once) with the <javac> task.  I get this error:

[javac] Compiling 1290 source files to <dir>
    [javac] The system is out of resources.
    [javac] Consult the following stack trace for details.
    [javac] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I have a perl executable that calls ant and passes it the necessary
parameters.  Does anyone know how to allocate more memory to ant when
calling it?

If you could cc me on the reply I'd appreciate it as I am a digester.

thanks,
Dave