ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject RE: New Line in manifest
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:11:33 GMT
Prior to defining the <manifest>, assign short default values to all your
version properties (like <property name="version.major" value="M" />,
etc...), and if some lazy developer (dixit) doesn't define then, then you'll
end up with M.m.r.b instead of:

It's of course just a turn around. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Lyon []
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 4:02 PM
To: Ant-User (E-mail)
Subject: New Line in manifest

I have an inline <manifest> parameter in my <jar> task that stamps my jars'
manifest files with
which are expanded from a file. The problem is that, if a
lazy developer does not define these values in the file,
the entry comes out as
d}, and because the line is so long, it spills over to a new line... this
breaks the jar when it is deployed to WebLogic. Is there a workaround for
this to keep lengthy strings inserted into a manifest on one line only, or
is there a char limit for manifest entries defined by the jar spec that I am
not aware of?

View raw message