ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject RE: Question of using jdepend task
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 14:45:18 GMT
You need to <taskdef> the <jdepend> task. Please see the manual. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Carfield Yim []
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 9:59 PM
Subject: Question of using jdepend task

Hi, I try to run jdepend to check the project, the task declare like this:

<target name="dependcheck" depends="compile" >
<jdepend outputfile="jdepend.txt" >
         <pathelement location="${src}"/>
         <pathelement location="${build}"/>
         <pathelement location="c:/tools/jdepend/lib/jdepend.jar"/>

However, it don't work:
file:C:/jbprojects/main/ekp/build.xml:58: Could not create task or type
of type: jdepend.

Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon.

This is common and has a number of causes; the usual
solutions are to read the manual pages then download and
install needed JAR files, or fix the build file:
  - You have misspelt 'jdepend'.
    Fix: check your spelling.
  - The task needs an external JAR file to execute
    and this is not found at the right place in the classpath.
    Fix: check the documentation for dependencies.
    Fix: declare the task.
  - The task is an Ant optional task and optional.jar is absent
    Fix: look for optional.jar in ANT_HOME/lib, download if needed
  - The task was not built into optional.jar as dependent
    libraries were not found at build time.
    Fix: look in the JAR to verify, then rebuild with the needed
    libraries, or download a release version from
  - The build file was written for a later version of Ant
    Fix: upgrade to at least the latest release version of Ant
  - The task is not an Ant core or optional task
    and needs to be declared using <taskdef>.

Remember that for JAR files to be visible to Ant tasks implemented
in ANT_HOME/lib, the files must be in the same directory or on the

Can anyone help me? I can run other optional task, like junit
successfully, any thing wrong? Do I need to include jdepend in system
classpath? I don't need to do so in junit...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message