ant-user mailing list archives

From "Hawkins, Keith" <KHawk...@us.nomura.com>
Subject RE: Executing keytool within ant
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:32:48 GMT
Did not know about genkey task.  I'll take a look.  (BTW...don't presume
everyone knows about every ant task available.  Sometimes you don't know
what to look for, even if it is in the manuals!)

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 1:04 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Executing keytool within ant

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hawkins, Keith" <KHawkins@us.nomura.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 09:04

> Thanks.  That was it.
>
> Just out of curiosity....how is an command line built differently
specifying
> <arg value="-foo bar"/>  versus  <arg line="-foo bar"/>
>
> i.e.  What difference does the target executable see in specifying the
> command line the first way versus the second way?
>
> I would have thought that both would result in the same command line, but
> apparently not.

look at java.lang.Runtime.exec and think about it.

Also, what was wrong with the <genkey> task?

you receive this message in error, please delete it and all copies from your
system, destroy any hard copies and notify the sender. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Nomura Holding
America Inc., Nomura Securities International, Inc, and their respective
subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender
is authorized to state the views of such entity. Unless otherwise stated,
any pricing information in this message is indicative only, is subject to
change and does not constitute an offer to deal at any price quoted. Any
reference to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as
preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation.