ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: junit behavior in ant 1.5 vs 1.3
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:01:23 GMT
<off-topic>
Frankly, "best practice" is more pertinent than "field practice". I've worked with one or
two people with ".com" addresses whose "field practice" left an awful lot to be desired ...
</off-topic>

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Ayers [mailto:mayers@NEVIKNETWORKS.com]
Sent: 24 February 2003 16:58
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: junit behavior in ant 1.5 vs 1.3

	No, I mean that it shows a disconnect with field practice.  While it is good practice to
refine your tests as much as possible, such that many of them can indicate the source problem
simply by failing, there are many cases in which this is simply not possible.  In such cases
it is essential to have as much information about the test execution as possible.  In other
cases, it is simply more cost effective to run through a more comprehensive test and capture
output for analysis in the event of a failure.

/|/|ike