ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: stop propertyfile task from generating date comment
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:49:15 GMT
I would imagine the Ant task is using the Java API Properties.save(...) which seems to insert
the date as a header comment anyway :(

Given your description of what you want to do, could you first remove all lines beginning
with '#' before the handling of spaces that is causing your problem?

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Obermeit [mailto:tonyob@compuserve.com]
Sent: 21 February 2003 20:31
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: stop propertyfile task from generating date comment

Thanks.

Hmmm.  When I added the comment attribute, the property file ended up with
a comment containing the value I supplied in my attribute followed by the
generated date / time comment.  The reason I'm trying to remove the date is
that I'm replacing values in the property file with replaceregexp and the
replace of spaces is causing the comment line to merge with my property
line.  I'll post a better description of the problem if I can't resolve it
soon.

Tony