ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: Using Ant With CVS
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:37:26 GMT
Most operations (I presume including CVS) need to be contained in a target element.
e.g.
<target name="getFromCVS" depends="whatever,it,depends,on">
  <cvs .... />
</target>

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony.Cavanagh@smartstream-md.com
[mailto:Tony.Cavanagh@smartstream-md.com]
Sent: 03 February 2003 15:24
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Using Ant With CVS

Currently I have a Build script that compiles and builds a project using
ant.

What I want to add to my script is the ability to take the latest files out
of CVS and then build them.

I added the task cvs to my build.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="FirstJavaProject" default="dist" basedir=".">
    <description>
        First java project build file
    </description>
  <!-- set global properties for this build -->
  <!--property name="src" location="src"/-->
  <property name="build.compiler" value=
"org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter"/>
  <property name="src" location="FirstJava"/>
  <property name="build" location="build"/>
  <property name="dist"  location="dest"/>

  <cvs cvsRoot="ext:tcava@st00894:C:/program
files/cvsnt/repository/FirstJavaProject/FirstJava"
       cvsRsh="ssh"
       command="update"/>

When I run ant I get the error unexpected element "cvs" I thought cvs was a
key word.

Thanks for any help Tony