ant-user mailing list archives

From MNewc...@tacintel.com
Subject RE: Recommendations for moving from java to .NET
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 18:29:30 GMT

The laughter stemmed from someone moving *from* Java/J2EE to .NET, not in
requesting tools to build .NET applications.

> You should, at the least, acknowledge the fact that
> they are still contemplating the use of ant, which, in
> my mind, is a HUGE compliment to the tool. I for one,
> would like to see ant's use become more "standard"
> within the industry, and NOT just for java development.

Of course Ant will become the premiere build tool for all environments.  I
use it to build my C/C++ code as well.

But, *you* must admit the same qualities that make Ant so appealing are the
same ones that stem from Java and are inherent with J2EE.  For someone to
recognize that in Ant, but not in Java/J2EE, was... funny.

Michael