ant-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Stockall <je...@cryptocard.com>
Subject Re: Ant Task and paths
Date Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:13:28 GMT
On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 10:48 AM, Martin wrote:
> Jesse-
> Many of the Unix installations use Relative Path with 100% success but
> the
> absolute path gets munged because
> of the difference of the treatment of <root> between Unix vs Windoze
> Has this been resolved?

I'm not really sure what you are asking.

If you use absolute paths they will not resolve on anything but their
native platform i.e.

'c:\pathname' will only work on Windows, '/pathname' will only work on
Unix platforms and 'volume:\pathname' will work only on NetWare

If you use a relative path then Ant will resolve the path based on what
${basedir} is set to. i.e.

Path in build file = 'build/lib'

On Windows if ${basedir} = 'c:\path', it will be resolved to
'c:\path\build\lib'

On Unix if ${basedir} = '/home/jesse', it will be resolved to
'/home/jesse/build/lib'

I have had no problems using relative paths (cross platform) and
absolute paths (single platform)

Jesse Stockall - jesse@cryptocard.com
CRYPTOCard Corp.