ant-user mailing list archives

From "strug" <st...@web.de>
Subject Need advice using jspc task with 1.5.1
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:45:25 GMT
Hello,

i have some general questions using jspc-Task. First of all, thanks to the
creator of this task!

I'm using Ant 1.5.1 with Tomcat 4.0.x (and/or Tomcat 4.1.x)

I want to pre-compile the JSPs and want them to be located under the Tomcat
work directory.

With my first sample i have some problems:

    <target name="compile.jsp" depends="init" description="Compile JSPs.">
        <echo message="precompile JSPs" />
            <delete dir="${dest.dir}"/>
            <mkdir dir="${dest.dir}"/>

            <jspc
                srcdir="${web.dir}"
                destdir="${dest.dir}"
                uriroot="${dest.dir}"
                verbose="9">

                <classpath>
                    <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/common/lib">
                        <include name="**/*.jar"/>
                    </fileset>
                    <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/lib">
                        <include name="**/*.jar"/>
                    </fileset>
                </classpath>

<!--
                <webapp basedir="${web.dir}"/>
-->
                <include name="**/A*.jsp" />

            </jspc>

    </target>

*) using the webapp tag the build fails with a
java.lang.OutOfMemoryException. My OS is Win2k Server.

*) before the process failed some jsp's get compiled. And here is another
problem. All the files are located in the same desitination directory. The
dir-structure from the jsp sources is not copied.

*) the name of the jsp "portal.jsp" will be portal.java, the pattern i found
in Tomcat is of the form
"portal$jsp.java" or s.th. like "consultant_0005fview$jsp.java". Will this
be a problem for Tomcat, can i modify the converting pattern.

Thanks in advance for any help and any link towards more detailed help then
i found at ant.jakarta.org.
Thanks, Leif