ant-user mailing list archives

From David Clements <dcleme...@merc-int.com>
Subject RE: Scope of a patternset
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:20:33 GMT
This is what I am trying to do and seem to be getting strange results:

I have a main build file with a target called initializeDefaults.  This target will set up
some properties and
patternsets with default parameters. For example:

<target name="initializeDefaults">
<patternset id="compileFiles">
	<include name="nofiles">
</patternset>

<patternset id="copyFiles">
	<include name="nofiles">
</patternset>
</target>

Now, I have another build file that gets imported via the <import> task provided in
1.6alpha.

This project has a target called initializeComponent.  The point of this target is to set
component specific
overrides to the defaults. For example:

<target name="initializeComponent" depends="initializeDefaults">
<patternset id="compileFiles">
	<include name="**/*">
</patternset>
</target>

Now I have a build target in the first project that uses depends to ensure that "depends"
on
initializeComponent.

Then I run this target I get an error: "Reference copyFiles not found."

This was working for me when I had everything declared at the top level, however I wanted
some more
flexibility so I refactored it.

Any Ideas,

Thanks,