ant-user mailing list archives

From "Freier, Rod" <rfre...@acs.utah.edu>
Subject RE: javac classpath issues
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:04:11 GMT
I tried <property build.sysclasspath="ignore" />, but both ANT 1.4 and
1.5.1 gave me this:  'The <property> task doesn't support the
"build.sysclasspath" attribute.' What's up?

Thanks,
Rod Freier
ACS Web Team
rfreier@acs.utah.edu
801-581-4981

-----Original Message-----
From: Zac Thompson [mailto:zac.thompson@adexact.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 7:26 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: javac classpath issues

>>> It turns out I need to ignore the CLASSPATH environment
>>> variable in the shell in which ant was run and give it
>>> a completely different classpath.

>> You need to set the includeAntRuntime="false"

> That worked!

Be careful ... this will not exclude the CLASSPATH as you asked,
it will only exclude the Ant run-time libraries.

You want to set <property build.sysclasspath="ignore" /> in your
init target (on which all others depend).  Or you can specify it
at the command line if you don't have an init target.

<http://ant.apache.org/manual/sysclasspath.html>

"The person running the build trusts the build file writer to
get the build file right."

Zac