ant-user mailing list archives

From "Zac Thompson" <zac.thomp...@adexact.com>
Subject RE: javac classpath issues
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 14:26:15 GMT

>>> It turns out I need to ignore the CLASSPATH environment
>>> variable in the shell in which ant was run and give it
>>> a completely different classpath.

>> You need to set the includeAntRuntime="false"

> That worked!

Be careful ... this will not exclude the CLASSPATH as you asked,
it will only exclude the Ant run-time libraries.

You want to set <property build.sysclasspath="ignore" /> in your
init target (on which all others depend).  Or you can specify it
at the command line if you don't have an init target.

<http://ant.apache.org/manual/sysclasspath.html>

"The person running the build trusts the build file writer to
get the build file right."

Zac