ant-user mailing list archives

From "Zac Thompson" <zac.thomp...@adexact.com>
Subject RE: error in <javac> using multiple src dirs...
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:31:01 GMT

> Actually, how am I going to get around this one?  The compile
> task can take
> multiple src directories, but how am I going to do a copy of
> those same
> multiple directories?
>
> >According to the docs, I can provide multiple paths.  The
> >docs give the example of...
> >
> ><javac srcdir="${src}:${src2}"
> >          destdir="${build}"
> >   />
> >
> >I am assuming that the colon separator in this example is for UNIX
> >systems.  I am on Windows.  I set the path up using the following...
> ><property name="src.contrib.projects"
> >value="${src.contrib.home}/rollbackWithMementoPattern${path.s
> eparator}${src.contrib.home}/jxpath"
> >/>

Jake, you don't need to construct the source path in that way, take
a look at Ant's documentation on Path-like Structures.

If you need to copy multiple directories, I think you will need to
specify each one individually.  You can do the same with the javac
task with nested src elements, by the way.  Is there a need to have
the set of directories specified in a single property, other than
convenience?

I understand that there are tasks outside the java project which
may allow you to iterate through the set of dirs in the copy stage,
(foreach?) but I have never even inspected them.

Zac