ant-user mailing list archives

From "Zac Thompson" <zac.thomp...@adexact.com>
Subject RE: I Wish
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:41:37 GMT

Sorry to the list ... I would have replied directly to this one, but
the man's name is DoNOTuseREPLY!

> Now if I could get the blessed thing to work like I think
> ya'll are saying
> it is supposed to so I can stop doing it quickly in 'c' so I
> can get it done
> (java wrappers, too)!

I'm not sure I understand your post.  You seem to be happy with Ant,
or at least close enough that you are still interested in working
with it.  At the same time, you seem to be having a hard time getting
it to work the way you want it to.  Is that right?

I don't find the learning curve tremendous.  I got it active within
a couple of days of picking it up, and a few months later I feel it's
working very close to how I would like it.  I can also see a lot of
opportunities to improve and expand on my use of it.  For me, there
has yet to be a downside (except that I can't use the build avoidance
offered by clearmake anymore ... ClearCase users know what I'm
talking about).  I started with Ant 1.5.  The above isn't bragging,
because I'm no wizard ... I just find it surprising that someone
would have a very hard time with it.

Mind you, my needs aren't very extensive, so YMMV.  I haven't
needed to take a look at the source yet, or buy a book ... my only
reference has been the manual.

I notice from the archives that you're running on Windows 95/98/ME.
*Are* you having any problems with Ant?  What's the biggest one?

Zac