ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Lyon" <m...@stargus.com>
Subject RE: New Line in manifest
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:14:10 GMT
Thanks for the workaround idea... I'm trying to remember my property inheritance rules... if
I define them in the buildfile with default values, the values that are set in build.properties
will still override, correct?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 5:12 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: New Line in manifest

Prior to defining the <manifest>, assign short default values to all your
version properties (like <property name="version.major" value="M" />,
etc...), and if some lazy developer (dixit) doesn't define then, then you'll
end up with M.m.r.b instead of:

${version.major}.${version.minor}.${version.revision}.${version.build}

It's of course just a turn around. --DD