ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Lyon" <m...@stargus.com>
Subject New Line in manifest
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:01:32 GMT
Hi,

I have an inline <manifest> parameter in my <jar> task that stamps my jars' manifest
files with =${version.major}.${version.minor}.${version.revision}.${version.build} which are
expanded from a build.properties file. The problem is that, if a lazy developer does not define
these values in the build.properties file, the entry comes out as Version=${version.major}.${version.minor}.${version.revision}.${version.build},
and because the line is so long, it spills over to a new line... this breaks the jar when
it is deployed to WebLogic. Is there a workaround for this to keep lengthy strings inserted
into a manifest on one line only, or is there a char limit for manifest entries defined by
the jar spec that I am not aware of?

Matt