ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Lyon" <m...@stargus.com>
Subject RE: New Line in manifest
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:15:57 GMT
Mike,

I'll try that out. Thanks for the suggestion. This would probably work a little bit better
for me than DD's suggestion, if only because I do want the ${version.major}.${version.minor}.${version.revision}.${version.build}
values to be set as per what is defined in build.properties, and to be set with short default
string values otherwise in order to keep the Version: line in the jar's Manifest to one line
so that we don't get the breakage.

I suppose another workaround would be to store the build.properties in CVS with default short
string values defined for the property values in question. It any case, it's certainly not
a huge issue to fix. I'm still not clear whether this should be considered any sort of Ant
issue or if it's really down to a char limit imposed on Manifest entries by the jar spec.

Matt

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Mike Ayers [mailto:mayers@NEVIKNETWORKS.com]
	Sent: Thu 2/13/2003 5:29 PM
	To: Ant Users List
	Subject: RE: New Line in manifest

	        I, for one, am not sure, and hope you get an answer.

	        If you do not, you can always cascade...

	<condition property="version.M" value="${version.major}" >
	   <isset property="version.major" >
	</condition>
	<property name="version.M" value = "M" >

	        ...should provide you with the major version in version.M, or "M" if none is set.
 At least I think that's what it does - comments, anyone?  (Should I have used a condition
for the unset case?)

	/|/|ike