ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: running junit on ant source
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 05:43:38 GMT
I had the same.
Do you work on windows?

If you have a look at src\etc\testcases\filters\expected\linecontains.test
it contains unixlike line separators. The generated file (very short time in
src\etc\testcases\filters\result\linecontains.test) has - because running on
windows - windowslike line separators. And they are different, so the test
fail.

Maybe there should be a solution by inserting a <fixcrlf> in the main build
file. But a workaround is to <fixcrlf> in your local source or do that with
an editor (I opened that an on resave a got the windows line sep´s).

Jan Matèrne

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Adam Hardy [mailto:adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com]
Gesendet am: Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2003 17:36
An: user >> Ant Users List
Betreff: running junit on ant source

I'm doing some mods to two of the ant source classes, and I'm following
the guidelines from the ant docs about running tests under junit and
creating new tests.

I'm new to junit today actually and I'm using "ant run-tests" in the ant
home directory to make sure all the junit tests that come with the
source code work.

I get this failure on the first testcase junit comes to and I don't know
what it means. Is it obvious to anyone what's wrong here? I presume the
problem lies with my set-up, because according to junit, I should get
more info when a test fails - I presume that the "null" here would
normally be a line or 2 about what failed:

     [junit] Testcase:
testLineContains(org.apache.tools.ant.filters.LineContainsTest):  FAILED
     [junit] null
     [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError

Thanks if you can help,
Adam