ant-user mailing list archives

From "Manish Khettry" <mkhet...@bdnacorp.com>
Subject RE: junit behavior in ant 1.5 vs 1.3
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 01:37:40 GMT

Well, the fact of the matter is, that our tests do. I suspect, lots of
other people do the same thing. Sometimes it is useful. We have tests
that run for a very long time before they finish and looking at the
stdout, while the test is running, is a good way to figure out if they
are making progress or not.

At any rate, taking the stdout and stderr and dumping it inside a CDATA
section doesn't work in the case that the output is xml itself. I'm
merely pointing it out.

Thanks,
Manish

-----Original Message-----
From: M. Erik Husby [mailto:mhusby@genome.wi.mit.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 10:48 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: junit behavior in ant 1.5 vs 1.3

Of course this is not the JUnit mailing list and so this is a little off
topic. But I can't
help wondering why your unit tests are writing anything to System.out at
all. Let alone
XML. A unit test should simply report success or failure. If you are
having problems
verifying your XML, take a look at XMLUnit. Check out wwww.junit.org

Now back to our regularly scheduled ANT discussions.

--
Erik Husby
Team Lead for Software Quality Automation