ant-user mailing list archives

From "Manish Khettry" <>
Subject junit behavior in ant 1.5 vs 1.3
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:47:33 GMT

I recently upgraded our build machine to use 1.5 from 1.3 and the behavior of junit seems
to have changed substantially.

1. The standard output and error of the tests now goes to the outfile instead of standard
output. This causes problems for us because we use an xml formatter and some of our output
is XML itself. In addition, sometimes one of our many tests hang for some reason. Ofcourse,
when the test is run by itself it passes, but when run with 100+ other test it hangs. Since
the stdout is sent to a file and the test timesout after a while, I can't look at the stdout
anymore to see how far the test progressed.

2. Some of our multithreaded tests seem to hang. It looks like the threads created by the
test never seem to run. Is there any known problems with ant 1.5.1 on this count? The test
looks something like this:

	public static class Client extends Thread {
		int m_id;
		public void run() {
		public Client(int id) {
			m_id = id;

	public void testMTClient() {
		Client[] clientThread;
		for (int i = 0; i < NUM_CLIENTS; i++) {
			clientThread[i] = new Client(i);

		/* start the threads and wait for exit condition
		   to be satisfied.

View raw message