ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: filelist dir attribute
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:19:43 GMT
On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 11:14  AM, Adam Hardy wrote:
> <pathelement location=> has the same effect of putting the working
> directory onto the front, and <pathelement path=..> puts it onto the
> front of each item. Unless there's an attribute I don't know about?

I'm confused.  You mean your properties like ${struts.jar} are
*relative* paths?  And you want to keep them that way?

That is just not going to work consistently.  Each JAR file property
should be an absolute path to the location, not relative.  This does
not at all mean you code absolute paths anywhere - but instead you have
a known "root" directory you can base from (perhaps ${basedir} or ".")
and fix properties from that point.

For example, I use something like this:

	<property name="lib.dir" location="../lib"/>

And then fix paths to ${struts.jar} based on ${lib.dir}.

	Erik