ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Ayers" <may...@NEVIKNETWORKS.com>
Subject RE: Conditional target execution based on prerequisite execution
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:50:26 GMT

	Without bogging down in details, I'll state that this is really a matter of opinion, and
that there are valid reasons for both ways.  You are correct in pointing out that the default
ant paradigm is wipe-and-rebuild.  In order to convert to selective building, you will need
to do some extra study and testing.  For starters, you probably don't want the init task at
all, instead having directory dependencies.

	Good luck,

/|/|ike