ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Ayers" <may...@NEVIKNETWORKS.com>
Subject RE: Conditional target execution based on prerequisite execution
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:02:12 GMT

	This is beyond my current skill level.  I suspect that it means something, just something
obscure.  Like all software of any complexity, Ant will have interesting twists and turns
that will be discovered as time goes on.

> If B is only run when one or more of its dependencies is run,
> then the
> problem seems to be those bootstrap targets which have no "depends";
> they need to be conditionally run to prevent the entire remainder of
> the chain from always being run.

	Errr - I don't know if you realize it, but you are stating a basic build principle hre.
Am I missing something?

> What is the canonical "Only create this directory if it
> doesn't exist"
> rule?

	There may not be a canonical form, but this will work:

<condition property="dir.makeme" >
	<available ${dir.name} >
</condition>
<mkdir dir=${dir.name} />

	I have a suspicion, however, that just "<mkdir dir=${dir.name} />" will also work.

/|/|ike