ant-user mailing list archives

From "Urbano, Daniel" <durb...@grow.net>
Subject RE: javac out of memory error
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:45:34 GMT
Pass in -Xmx###MB where ### is the number of mega-bytes the Java VM will
use.

...or if you're using the ant task javac:

<javac ...
	memoryMaximumSize="128m"/>

...for 128 MB.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Barkan [mailto:dbarkan@pcbi.upenn.edu]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 11:44 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: javac out of memory error

Hi,

I'm running ant 1.5 on Linux.  I'm compiling a large number of java source
files (1200 or so at once) with the <javac> task.  I get this error:

[javac] Compiling 1290 source files to <dir>
    [javac] The system is out of resources.
    [javac] Consult the following stack trace for details.
    [javac] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I have a perl executable that calls ant and passes it the necessary
parameters.  Does anyone know how to allocate more memory to ant when
calling it?

If you could cc me on the reply I'd appreciate it as I am a digester.

thanks,
Dave