ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob H - VSCM" <Anderson....@vectorscm.com>
Subject RE: SQL target commits code as single line in oracle
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:47:34 GMT
Right. You will need to have one file per trigger, procedure,package body,
package spec. As a configuration manager, I believe that each should be
versioned separately anyway.

-Rob Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lindwall [mailto:JLindwall@Xifin.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 12:33 PM
To: 'Anderson, Rob H - VSCM'
Subject: RE: SQL target commits code as single line in oracle

I'm trying your PLSQLLoad task for triggers in Oracle 8i and it does retain
the formatting which is nice.  What I also need is to be able to support
multiple CREATE statements in a single file, like this:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER TRIGGER1
  -- trigger1 code here
END;
/
CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER TRIGGER2
  -- trigger2 code here
END;

Using PLSQLLoad, this results in a single (uncompilable) trigger that
consists of the source for both triggers in the file combined into one
trigger.  I had hoped it would create tw otrigers: TRIGGER1 and TRIGGER2.
If I run this same script in a GUI tool we use called TOAD it works as
expected.

My target in build.xml looks like this:

        <plsql userid="${db.user}" password="${db.password}"
driver="${db.driver}" url="${db.url}" classpath="${db.classpath}"
delimitertype="row"  delimiter="/" print="yes">

            <transaction
src="${build.database.dir}/auditing/createTriggers.sql"/>
        </plsql>

Thanks for any help.

John