ant-user mailing list archives

From Ken Gentle <>
Subject Re: CvsChangeLog - IllegalArgumentException/Stupid User Trick...
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:45:45 GMT
At 19:23 2003-02-09, Conor MacNeill wrote:
>Ken Gentle wrote:
>>Wow, so did I, I logged a defect and started on a patch --
>>I added a "pattern" attribute that will allow for any SimpleDateFormat
>>pattern string to be specified, then the "start" and "end" attributes
>>will be parsed using the pattern.
>I'd be tempted to call it "datepattern"

I chose "pattern" 'cause that appeared in a couple of other tasks
(propertyfile, for one, and I don't recall the others.)  "datePattern"
works for me, though.  That's an easy one!

>>Works pretty well, and I left some conditional logic in place so that if
>>"pattern" isn't specified, the it has the old behavior.
>>I asked for some feedback on ant-dev, haven't heard anything from anyone :^(
>You should have now :-)

Yes, I did. Thanks, Conor!

>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

J. Kenneth Gentle (Ken)    | Phone: (610) 255-0361
Gentle Software, LLC       | Email:

View raw message