ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Price <epr...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: ant 1.5.1 problem on ant.bat
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:42:22 GMT
Leonardo,

This is interesting -- earlier today I posted a very similar problem,
although I am using ant under Cygwin.  Instead of modifying ant.bat, I
modified the sh script (simply named "ant").  It now works perfectly.

For anyone who would like to use the sh script under Cygwin (I prefer it
to DOS/batch), to modify this script to work with pathnames that have
spaces, follow these steps:

1. In your text editor, search for the first occurrence of the following
string:

   `dirname "$PRG"`

(those are backticks surrounding the string, and yes, they are part of
the string to search for.)

2. Insert a new line above the occurrence of this string containing the
following text:

   DIRNAMEPRG=`dirname "$PRG"`

3. Now replace every occurrence of the first string (`dirname "$PRG"`)
in the entire script with the following string:

   "$DIRNAMEPRG"

Don't forget the doublequotes on the outside.  There really should be
only two occurrences of the (`dirname "$PRG"`) string if you are using
Ant 1.5.1.

After making this change, my ant script works perfectly.

Erik