ant-user mailing list archives

From Melissa Hao <melissa....@oracle.com>
Subject Re: getting the exec task to run a script which spawns a child process
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:27:50 GMT
Thanks Bill, that simple solution worked great.

I have another question.  It seems like a simple question but I couldn't find the answer to
it.  How do I echo the contents of a file?

thanks
Melissa

Bill Burton wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Melissa Hao wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use the exec task to run a shell script called foo.sh.   foo.sh has "bar &"
inside of it, which spawns a background child process.  foo.sh finishes pretty quickly, but
the exec task waits for bar to finish before moving on.  This is a problem for me because
bar is supposed to run indefinitely.

which explains a workaround for getting foo.sh to run indefinitely.  Do I use the same workaround
to get bar to run indefeintely?