ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Compiling and building your own ant.jar
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:20:27 GMT
Tony.Cavanagh@smartstream-md.com wrote:
> Has anyone downloaded the ant source and used it to build there own
> ant.jar, the reason I would like to do this is so that I can put proper
> error messages in and see where my build is falling over.
>
> As anyone wrote a build.xml to compile and build ant, if so I would love a
> copy.

Ah, we do use Ant to build Ant :-).

Build file is in CVS and included in the source distribution. I build an
ant.jar several times a day, most days (and nights). It is not that hard.

1. Checkout the source from CVS.
2. Obtain any libraries you want to support
3. build dist

or if you want to install directly into your ANT_HOME

4. build install (or install-lite).

Conor