ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam....@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject running junit on ant source
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:35:54 GMT
I'm doing some mods to two of the ant source classes, and I'm following
the guidelines from the ant docs about running tests under junit and
creating new tests.

I'm new to junit today actually and I'm using "ant run-tests" in the ant
home directory to make sure all the junit tests that come with the
source code work.

I get this failure on the first testcase junit comes to and I don't know
what it means. Is it obvious to anyone what's wrong here? I presume the
problem lies with my set-up, because according to junit, I should get
more info when a test fails - I presume that the "null" here would
normally be a line or 2 about what failed:

     [junit] Testcase:
testLineContains(org.apache.tools.ant.filters.LineContainsTest):  FAILED
     [junit] null
     [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError

Thanks if you can help,
Adam