ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam....@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: ANT 1.5.1: Two property files: Property values not resolved
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:07:29 GMT
Resolving the properties again would be compromising the ant properties'
immutability behaviour.

Anyway, your references seem to be circular, even if you could
re-initialise the properties.

Adam

Hagen, Christian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> even searching docs and archives did not help me with the following issue:
>
> I have got two property files:
>
> abc.P.properties:
> P.refid = xyz
> P.display.somevalue = ABC
> P.display.refname = ${C.display.name}
>
> xyz.C.properties:
> C.display.name = Name of XYZ
>

> The entry "P.refid" in "abc.P.properties" is used to resolve the name of the second property
file (here: "xyz.C.properties"). The property "P.display.refname" by default references another
property set in the "*.C.properties".

> I do load the two property files with
>
> <property file="abc.P.properties"/>
> <property file="${P.refid}.C.properties"/>
>
> When setting verbose mode, there are warnings after the first file, that some properties
(ie. "C.display.name") have not been set, which is perfectly clear.

> The problem is, that after reading the second property file, I inserted some echo tasks
to output the property values. The result is similar to