ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam....@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: filelist dir attribute
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:11:52 GMT
All the paths I want to use are absolute, but pathelement can't handle
absolute paths - it treats them all as relative in the way I stated
according to my testing and knowledge of the src code, relative to the
basedir as you call it.  Which brings me back to the start - it won't
work under windows with differing drive letters.

You see, I don't want to have to move jars around - when I install or
build a package, say struts or ant, I want to refer to the struts.jar
just where it was put when I untarred or built it. This avoids manually
copying jars after install to a lib directory in my projects directory
or in tomcat or wherever. It always seemed strange having to do that,
since ant will do it all over again anyway during deploy.

Am I being more lucid about what I am doing? I have now changed my ant
code so that the dir attribute on FileList is not mandatory, and when it
is null, then the parent Path element ignores it under the assumption
that the path will be absolute.