ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam....@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: filelist dir attribute
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:23:28 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> See the Ant / Library Dependencies section of my JavaDevWithAnt example
> project:
>
>     http://www.ehatchersolutions.com/JavaDevWithAnt/ant.html#lib
>
> It uses a scheme similar to the one you are getting at.  I don't use
> filelist, and not sure why are you want to, but maybe looking at how I
> have things configured will give you some ideas.  Do share if you come
> up with something good!  :)

Thanks for the input, Erik.  The reason why I want to use a FileList is
that I want to avoid having to name individual external jar files in my
build.xml.

E.g. I don't want a ${struts.jar} in my build.xml - I want to have it
set up in a way which will allow me to add or drop an external jar from
the classpath and deploy list merely by including or excluding it from
my ${external.jars} property

Here's some of my system build.properties:

struts.jar=e:/usr/share/jakarta-struts-1.0.2/lib/struts.jar
xerces.jar=d:/usr/share/xerces-1_4_4/xerces.jar
jaxb.jar=c:/usr/java/jaxb-1.0-beta/jaxb-api.jar

and here's a line from my project build.properties:

external.jars=${jaxb.jar}:${struts.jar}:${xerces.jar}

And in my build.xml classpath.refid:

<path id="compile.classpath">
       <!-- include all external jars specified in project
build.properties -->
       <filelist files="${external.jars}"/>

But this will only work when I hack the ant source code for
FileList.java and Path.java to remove the mandatory prefixing with the
dir attribute.

Is it worth me asking on the developers list if such a change would be
accepted into the source for the next release?