ant-user mailing list archives

From Dale Anson <dan...@germane-software.com>
Subject Re: Try - Catch
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 01:17:52 GMT
I haven't checked the list in a couple of days, so I caught up with this
thread late. First, thanks for all the nice comments and constructive
criticism, it's always nice to heard that people are actually using the
stuff I post on sourceforge. I packaged Antelope in 4 different pieces,
I thought that would make it convenient for people to download. Here's
the release notes about the downloads:

--------------------------
Notes:
This is a bug fix release. Please see the release notes in the
distribution for details.

Antelope_X.XX.jar is just the class files and is all that is needed to RUN
Antelope.

Antelope_X.XX.zip is source, docs, images, libraries, etc, all that is
needed
to COMPILE and RUN Antelope.

Antelope_docs_X.XX.zip is just the documentation in html format.
Documentation
is included in both of the above files, so you don't need to download this
file if you have one of them.

Antelope_tasks_X.XX.zip is just the additional Ant tasks and task
documentation provided by Antelope. The tasks are included in both the jar
and source zip, so you don't need to download this file if you have one of
them.
--------------------------

So to get just the tasks, get the Antelope_tasks_X.XX.zip. It has a jar
file of compiled classes and documentation, this is all you need to USE
the tasks. If you want to compile them or look at the source, you'll
need to grab the Antelope_X.XX.zip file. That file contains all the
collected items that make up the Antelope distribution, so if you are
just looking for the task source, you'll end up with a lot of other garbage.

Antelope is pretty much a jEdit plugin. To get the latest from cvs,
you'll need to go to the jEdit cvs repository, it's under the plugins.
The jEdit sourceforge project is at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jedit/. The files in cvs from the
Antelope project pages is out of date, I'm not maintaining cvs in two
places, just in the jEdit cvs. Make sense?

Dale Anson
danson@germane-software.com