ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill Burton <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: ANT output to file
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:13:09 GMT
Hello,

Michael.Medwith@flagstar.com wrote:

> I already use the color logger, i wanted to put that into a file that I can
> send out.

As others have pointed out, most people use the MailLogger.  It will
email the log even if the build fails.  Otherwise, you have to write a
script or your own logger to do this.

Sending a file with ANSI escape sequences will not have the desired
effect because mail readers can't understand them.  You would have to
save the email and view it in a console window.

You could use the XmlLogger and transform the output to HTML using the
target to do the transform and mail won't be run as mentioned previously.

A better solution to this would be to extend MailLogger into an
HtmlMailLogger which would send an HTML formatted version of a log.

-Bill