ant-user mailing list archives

From ROSSEL Olivier <olivier.ros...@airbus.com>
Subject Jspc and timestamp
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:57:47 GMT
Hi everybody.
I began Ant just two hours ago (with the bible of Mr Hatcher and Loughran).

Well, it is very nice :-)

My first FAQ on this list is the following:
JspC is the task to compile JSPs.
Well, it works a bit like javac except that it does not check for
timestamps.
So a JspC task always recompiles all the pages.

Is it a feature? Well, on my computer it takes ages.
So being able to  check the timestamp for each page would be a great
benefit.
It seems that using <uptodate> can help.

If I understand correctly, <uptodate> can tell me :
"No JSP has changed" or "At least one JSP has changed."
So you can trigger JspC only when one or more JSPs changed.
Am I right?

There is no system to have JspC to behave like javac?
And check for the each timestamp separately?

---cut here---

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be
accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and
security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of
Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.