ant-user mailing list archives

From "Marc Novakowski" <m...@kenamea.com>
Subject Jikes creating temporary files on windows
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 01:00:06 GMT
When compiling a large number of classes at once, it appears that when Ant is configured to
use jikes it will create a temporary file called "filexxxx" or "file-xxxx" where xxxx is some
random number.  The temporary file contains a list of all the java files being compiled.
It then removes this file when the jikes is complete.  However, if the compile is interrupted
(such as hitting CTRL-C when a long list of compile errors is being spewed back), it will
fail to delete the temporary file.  If I switch the compiler to "javac" it doesn't appear
to create any temporary file.

Is this a known bug?  Is there some way to work around it other than to add a <delete>
task to my clean target to get rid of "file*" files (which may be dangerous).

My configuration is as follows:
- Apache Ant version 1.5.1 compiled on October 2 2002
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Jikes 1.18 (also tried Jikes 1.15 with same results)

Thanks,
Marc