ant-user mailing list archives

From m...@gmx.net
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Local copy of jars from a server
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:28:39 GMT
Okay,
so basically you need ANT and Greebo (ANT Task) or you can use Maven which
is a project pretty similar to Krysalis/centipede. Theses tools are basically
extending ANT and provide a standardized way on how to build your project,
the documentation etc. With greebo we are currently trying to implement a
similar repository like Maven uses as an ANT task.
Why would you like to store jars in CVS? CVS can handle binary files, but
the binary files are not versioned like the other files, they are stored like
they are. This means, that they will take a lot of diskspace in CVS.
The versioning of Maven and greebo are pretty much the same. The jar is
named 'greebo' and then the version follows (e.g. '-SNAPSHOT' or '-1.2'). Your
versioning is also pretty good, but I believe that the version should also be
implemented in the name of the jar, otherwise you will not see the version by
just looking on the file and greebo cannot tell which version a file is.
Hope this helps.

Markus