ant-user mailing list archives

From "Pellier, Marc" <Marc.Pell...@atosorigin.com>
Subject RE: Javac oddities
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:24:24 GMT
do you set the attribut depend="true" of javac

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Oatham [mailto:matthewoatham@hotmail.com]
Sent: jeudi 20 février 2003 13:24
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Javac oddities

Hi,

When running the javac task everything works fine, however when running the project a second
time with the -debug option I can see that the source is being re-compiled, well I get msgs
like ...

[javac] MLWriter.java added as C:\WorkArea\5_14\Build\classesTest\XMLWriter.class doesn't
exist.

But XMLWriter.class does exists, I can see it in the directory from the first time the javac
task was run. I thought the behaviour of the javac task was only to compile if the source
didn't hava a class file or the source was newer than the class?

Any thoughts?

Regards.

Matthew

Disclaimer:
This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any
action in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by return and delete
the transmission.  Although the sender endeavors to maintain a
computer virus free network, the sender does not warrant that this
transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages
resulting from any virus transmitted.
Thank You.